As a sales performance coach I can see how difficult it can be for my clients to transform themselves so that they can succeed in this current economic shift. Most individuals want to fall back to behaviors that have worked for them when the market was in a different climate. These old behaviors have proven to get them buy in the past which gave them a very false sense of security for today. If a person has a very big ego the harder it is for them to adapt and change. We have a market today that most business professionals have never seen, at least in the past 30 years. So what do you do? You either ignore it and think this is just a bunch of “shift” talk or you plan your on personal shift to outperform the competition. There are specific areas where we need to focus our personal shift. Here are the ones I feel are the most important.
- Mentally – open your mind to new ways of thinking to expand your creativity
- Physically – take your body to a place it has never been to increase your stamina
- Spiritually – know that there is hope and a God who is there with you through tough times
- Business – study new sales technques, enhance your communication skills, (hire a coach)
- Family – spend quality time with the ones you love
- Recreation – have some fun
It does not make a difference how old you are, how experienced you were, or if you have a job or not. Make the shift in your life now.
Take each category and write out 3 things you can do in the next 30 days to take yourself to the next level. Remember that small changes can cause an enormous personal shift in your life and business. Make the effort to compete at the highest level. Do not let your ego get the best of you and rely on past performance to get you through. This shift could be the best thing that ever happened to you.